|Posted by Gian on November 19, 2010 at 4:34 PM||comments (0)|
Your window decor defines your home decor, just as much as any type of couch, sofa, pictures, or furniture you choose. Windows are doors to the outside world, and curtains give you an ambience of how you and your guests will
feel inside your house. This sets the mood, depending on the color and texture of the curtains. I hope this guide on buying curtains serves you well!
Whether you are buying Pink curtains, red curtains, white and black curtains, white curtains, green curtains, black curtains, blue curtains, silk curtains, orange curtains, or lime green curtains, you can always be
certain (haha get it, certain, curtain….nevermind) that no matter what color or texture there will be some kind of ambience formed because of your curtains.
1. Rod Pocket- These types of drapes are made with a casing at the top that slips over the real curtain rod, so rings and hooks are not needed. You slide the rod through the lower part of the curtain rod and it creates
a royal ruffled effect.
2. Sheer- These curtains let light into a room, yet still allow you to maintain that oh-so-precious privacy. You want to buy double the length of your windows. The more sheer curtains you add, the more dramatic the look!
3. Ring top- This drapery hangs on decorative rings, do not need a cord to open a close.
4. Tab top- For casual appearances, can easily be drawn open and closed.
5. Grommet- Relatively newest type of curtains, a curtain rod passes through a large grommit ring and adds a crisp modern look.
6. Blackout- Insulated, thick. Saves you money on AC or heat. Keeps the light OUT!
7. Valances- Different from your usual window curtains. Matches your drapery, mounted above the window to disguise drapery rods. They are often used
as accents, and require brackets for hanging.
I hope you enjoyed this article!
Remember: Whether you are buying Pink curtains, red curtains, white and black curtains, white curtains, green curtains, black curtains, blue curtains, silk curtains, orange curtains, lime green curtains…Color Curtains dot com is the way to go!